Hearty and delicious homemade meatballs using cream of mushroom soup! This recipe has been in the family for many years and is wonderful dinner for the entire family.
This meatball recipe brings together the savory flavor of beef and mushroom soup with the tasty zip of Miracle Whip! If you’ve never tried it with a beef recipe, you’re in for a treat.
This meal is a classic, homestyle dinner recipe that is always a big hit when served to new people. I’ve been making it for my family for years, and it was served by my mother when I was a kid.
If you enjoy homemade meatballs, you’re going to love this recipe.
Don’t forget to save or pin this recipe so you can find it the next time you want to make homemade mushroom soup meatballs.
The secret to making great meatballs is creating a sauce that no only keeps your meatballs tender, but also provides a great flavor that pairs with your ground beef and spices. And the combination of cream of mushroom soup and Miracle Whip does exactly that.Meatball Tip
Save this tasty recipe for later: Sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple
How to Make Homemade Meatballs using Cream of Mushroom Soup
This recipe is quick and easy to make. There are two basic stages, browning your assembled meatballs and simmering them in your sauce.
Total time is right around thirty to forty minutes. And the only equipment you need is a skillet!
These meatballs are incredibly filling and the flavor is cozy and always reminds me of being safe at home.
Another great recipe: Homemade Swedish meatballs
Simple Recipe Ingredients
One of the best things about this recipe is that all you need to make it are a handful of common ingredients. It’s relatively affordable and is hearty enough for the hungriest family members.
- Ground Beef
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Onions (chopped)
- Miracle Whip
- Bread Slices
Ground Beef: I always use whatever is on sale. You can go with your preferred fat content beef. You will form your meatballs before browning them. Then on to simmering in your sauce.
Cream of Mushroom Soup: Any brand will do, I’ve used Campbell’s as well as store brand and it always turns out great.
Bread: Bread or breadcrumbs are classic binder for meatballs and it works great in this recipe. I usually use whatever type of bread I have on hand, but white and wheat tend to work the best. This is a great recipe for using up bread that is a bit stale too!
Miracle Whip: I always get surprised looks when asked what I put in these meatballs. So don’t worry if using Miracle Whip sounds odd to you, it tastes amazing!
Another tasty recipe: Grape jelly meatballs
Easy Step by Step Instructions
You’re going to be impressed with how easy these meatballs are to make, especially after you see how great they taste.
It only take a few simple steps, and then you’re ready to serve a delicious and filling family dinner.
Step 1: Moisten your bread with water and then squeeze out the excess. Break bread into small pieces and put in mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add your ground beef, chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Form into a dozen meatballs.
Step 3: Add meatballs and Miracle Whip to skillet. Brown meatballs, rolling around periodically. Drain grease.
Step 4: Combine mushroom soup and water and pour over meatballs. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy!
Easy Meatballs (With Mushroom Soup)
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 10½ oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ¼ Cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Miracle Whip
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 slices Bread
- Half Soup Can of Water
- Moisten your bread with water and then squeeze out the excess. Break bread into small pieces and put in mixing bowl.
- Add your ground beef, chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Form into a dozen meatballs.
- Add meatballs and Miracle Whip to skillet. Brown meatballs, rolling around periodically. Drain grease.
- Combine mushroom soup and water and pour over meatballs. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mushroom Soup Meatballs Recipe Notes
- Make sure to squeeze out all excess water after moistening your bread.
- Roll meatballs around both when browning and simmering. Be sure to brown meatballs before moving on to the next step.
- You can serve your meatballs on a bed of egg noodles if desired.
- Serve your meatballs with fresh roasted vegetables. I like to make a combo of zucchini, tomato, and carrots.
- Store your meatballs covered in the refrigerator for up to two days.