Wonderful flavor perfect for serving at parties and get togethers. This recipe is super easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time.
The flavor of these cheese balls makes them one of my all-time favorites. The cheddar cheese blends so well with the tang of the olives and the subtle kick from the cayenne pepper.
I bust these out during the holiday season and they are always a hit. But the flavor works anytime of year, making them a great appetizer when you need to make something quick and delicious.
Don’t forget to save or pin this recipe so you can make it the next time you are craving cheese balls!
How to Make Homemade Cheese Balls Stuffed with Olives
These tasty little cheese balls are not only easy to make, but something about stuffing the olives I find fun! I usually get my kids to join in to save some time.
Prep will take you around fifteen minutes and bake time is about the same. You are going to use a hand mixer or stand mixer, a mixing bowl, and a baking sheet.
The great thing about this recipe, is you can prep your cheese balls ahead of time and pop them in a freezer safe container and bake them when you’re ready to serve them.
When the busy party season begins, this can save you a lot of time, and I’m always looking for ways to lessen the stress of the holiday season!
Related Recipe: Classic cheese balls
Cheese Balls with Olives Ingredients
You’re going to be surprised that so much flavor can come from so few ingredients. These cheese balls just need a few simple ingredients.
That means it’s a low cost dish to make as well!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Butter (softened)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olives (stuffed with pimento)
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Cheddar Cheese: You can use sharp or mild cheddar. I love the flavor of shard cheddar cheese, but if that’s not your thing, no worries. This recipe tastes great either way.
Olives: I almost always use pimento stuffed olives, but you can get adventurous and try other types of stuffed olives. Some good alternatives are pepper jack cheese, garlic jalapeno, and even chipotle stuffed olives.
Related Recipe: Pineapple pecan cheese balls
Easy to Follow Instructions
I like to keep things simple, and this recipe is perfect for those who feel the same way.
Take a couple minutes to clear your prep area and gather your ingredients. Then it’s time to get cooking!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Note: Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease your pan
Step 2: Add your butter and shredded cheese to your mixing bowl and cream
Step 3: Add in your all-purpose flour and cayenne pepper and mix until well blended
Step 4: Scoop one teaspoon of your mixture at a time, and wrap around one olive and place on baking sheet
Step 5: Repeat until all cheese ball dough has been used
Note: Leave 1-1 1/2″ between your cheese balls
Step 6: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes
Step 7: Serve warm and enjoy!
Olive Cheese Balls (Simple and Quick Recipe)
- Baking Sheet
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 4 Tbs Butter softened
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- 6 oz Olives drained
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Note: Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease your pan
- Add your butter and shredded cheese to your mixing bowl and cream
- Add in your all-purpose flour and cayenne pepper and mix until well blended
- Scoop one teaspoon of your mixture at a time, and wrap around one olive and place on baking sheet
- Repeat until all cheese ball dough has been used
- Note: Leave 1-1 1/2" between your cheese balls
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Cheese Ball Recipe Notes
- Prep your cheese balls ahead of time and keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to make them. Keep them in a freezer safe bag for up to two months.
- You can bake these cheese balls at room temperature or frozen.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in your refrigerator for up to four days.